Friday, November 04, 2005

Nine Important Words, Part III

We have looked at six of the nine important words.
Life is hard
Death is easy
Today, we will look at the last three words.
I am responsible

Isa. 6:8 (KJV) Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

God has selected you for such a time as this – have you heeded the call? Are you waiting on the Lord to send you on a grand assignment, or are you completing your assignment right where you are? God has allowed you to be right where you are in order that you may minister life to someone else. Have you accepted that responsibility? So many times, we want to dictate to the Lord the terms of our ministry. “Lord, put me in this situation, so I can minister.” We envision ourselves doing some great work; yet, we neglect the words of Jesus in His last hours. “O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.” God is more concerned with your response to a situation than He is with the outcome of the situation. What is that thing that you have overlooked where you are? Is it that person that aggravates you? The one that never seems to do anything correctly? Have you determined like Jesus to do the Father’s will, or have you decided that you will wait until a better assignment comes along? God has created you and prepared you to be an able minister. Let your life reflect that calling. While others pass by and trample the trash on the floor, you be the one to pick it up. When others say “I will not do that, that is not my responsibility,” be the one to assume responsibility. “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” The purpose of your good works is not so that man may see you and glorify you; rather, that they may glorify your Father in heaven. This is the true attitude of a servant. Determine today to take responsibility right where you are, that you may begin to give life to those around you through your words and actions.

2 comments:

Kristi B. said...

Yes, a very important lesson to learn. Take the opportunites to serve that we are given every day. If nothing was too small for Jesus Christ, then surely we shouldn't think of any task as too small for us!

Kc said...

Excellent conclusion! Responsibility seems like a nasty word to many but we will be held accountable. I seem to have the parable of the talents stuck in my head these days.