Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Renewing Your Mind

Eph. 4:23 (KJV) - And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

The Greek word for renewed in this Scripture is ananeoo, which means to renovate. The definition of renovate is to restore to good condition; make new or as if new again; repair. Hence, I am to restore to good condition the spirit of my mind. The Lord Himself is letting me know that the condition of my mind was depraved when I came to him, and that I must work to restore it to good condition. This renewing is not a single action. The prefix ana in the word implies repetitiveness; therefore, I must restore or repair my mind repeatedly. Renewing my mind must become a habit. Just as I ensure that I provide my body the nourishment that it needs to perform, I must intentionally devote time to renewing my mind. 1 Cor. 15:31 – “I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.” If I, like Paul, am to die daily, then each day I am resurrected and live anew. If I live anew, then my mind must be renewed each day. We are creatures of habit. Let your habit become one of renewing your mind daily.

No comments: