Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Trial

Let me share with all of my blogger friends an experience I had this week. At Sunday's service, our elder/pastor was led to put an amount of money into the offering. I chose by faith to stand with him on that amount, and gave my offering. I am truly of the belief that God really does not care about the amount, He cares about our obedience. Well, the very next day, Monday night, my neighbor comes to my house in the evening (he works second shift and does not get home until after 11:00) and informs me that all of the tires on my vehicles were flat. That's right, I said all the tires! So, of course I turn to my wife and tell her that it seems like each time we obey the Lord, the enemy does something to attempt to discourage us.

However, as I began to analyze this trial on a deeper level, I saw two wonderful things: 1) I did not get upset. Now some of you may think "What is wrong with him? I would be livid!" Well, I did not feel the anger that I may have felt in the past. But the second thing that the Lord showed me during this trial, which was probably the most important, was what I did not think or say. As I was talking to Him this morning, He brought to my attention that I did not even consider the issue of using the money that I gave as an offering. I did not think "I could have used that money that I gave Sunday to repair these tires." In times past, I know I would have given place to that thought. So, I began rejoicing and thanking Him that I know that I have matured in the area of responding appropriately!

God does not care about the outcome of a situation; He only cares about our response to the situation!

11 comments:

Kc said...

The puprose in your heart...

I have to ask, were the tires ruined or just deflated?

Joe said...

What a great lesson...as always.

Kristi B. said...

Responding correctly in whatever situations come our way is probably the most difficult lesson to learn here on this earth. I know I still have a long way to go...

God will bless your obedience!

Ron said...

Kc,

The tires were ruined. I had to get 8 new tires!

Joe and Kristi, thanks for your thoughts. I enjoy your comments and feedback. I am really feeling like you all are the family I never knew!

Kitty Cheng said...

"God does not care about the outcome of a situation; He only cares about our response to the situation!"

These are wise words!

Kitty Cheng said...

Hey Ron, I skimmed through your blog, and I also feel like you are the family I never knew too.

forgiven said...

The Trial that you had was make just for you , I would of failed. Thats cool that you see God in it and you know that you are growing in Him.

Thank you Ron

Seeker said...

Once I learned something from my husband when he had a flat tire (only one tire, though). He said, cheerfully, "Look, it's only flat on the bottom!"
I agree, God is looking for your heart attitude in how you respond to circumstances.

Antonio said...

I think you are right on!

Antonio

stephen said...

Hey Ron, I have to ask you, is God in control of the outcome?

I totally agree with you that debating with fellow Christians gets you nowhere, I just have to ask. You have a good Christmas too.

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... sex doll movie Celebrex bladder spasmgall levitra company star with cellulite