Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Finally, a post!

It has been a while since I have posted. Honestly, I almost allowed myself to slip. This world of the Internet can be used for both good and evil - it can either bring glory to Christ, or put Christ to an open shame. Unfortunately, I find that there are many who are willing to resort to name calling and the like so that they can express their own opinion (with no Biblical justification), without regard to what the Lord desires. I will not be a part of such chicanery; my desire is to simply share the Word of God with anyone who is willing. I want to challenge and be challenged; I want to encourage and be encouraged; and most of all, speak the truth in brotherly love. So, today I will start with a devotional I wrote a while ago. I pray that it will be a blessing to you.

Matt 7:7-8 (KJV) Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Your Heavenly Father knows you do not have all the answers. Neither do you have all the resources, nor all the keys. So, when presented with a challenge, you must go to those who have the answers, resources, and keys to conquer the challenge. God made the promise, “I will never leave you, nor forsake you,” but He makes it very clear that you must first take action. It will be given to you AFTER you ask; you will find AFTER you seek; it will be opened to you AFTER you knock. How many times should you ask? You keep asking until it is given. How long should you seek? You keep looking until you find it. How long should you knock? You knock until it is opened to you. The answer may not come in the first person you ask. Don’t quit because you did not find it in the first place you looked. And if the first door that you knock on is not opened, then shake the dust off of your feet and go to the next door. Remember, God rewards those who diligently seek Him, and that same Heavenly principle applies here on earth.

Once you receive the solution, remember it becomes your responsibility to release it to those who ask of you, just as someone had to release it to you. Never forget the precious words of Jesus, “It is more blessed to give than to receive.”

There is a solution to every challenge, and Jesus gave us a simple but profound way to remember what to do:
Ask
Seek
Knock

Always ASK!

10 comments:

Kc said...

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron these devotionals are a real blessing. I'm glad you've decided to post them. ;-)

Unknown said...

Dude,

I thought you'd been raptured :-)

Glad to see you back. Good post.

Kristi B. said...

Glad you're back, Ron.

I can never be reminded enough to keep knocking until it's opened, and keep asking until I receive. It's so easy to give up when you don't get an answer right away.

Thanks for sharing.

Joe said...

Nice to see you back.

That is a good devotional.

I trust God blesses you day-by-day.

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Thanks for stopping by my site Ron! And I'm glad I came over on a day that you decided to post.

Don't pay any attention to those who choose to name call....or if you're like me(God's really glad that He didn't make me twins)set the record straight in a loving (LOL) manner. Don't let others discourage you from spreading the joy that the Lord gave you.

Remember, we are not to hide our light under a bushel....spread it around!

Curious Servant said...

Thank you.

For a while now I have been struggling with some large challenges. We are seeking help and advice from secular and spiritual resources (elders, church family, counselors, district attorney, etc.).

Clear, clean post.

Thanks.

Nunzia said...

that's a great reminder. God provides blessings but we have to accept them. He'll provide answers but we first must ask. Why do we always have so much trouble acting on our own? We are either acting on our own will without asking or asking without acting. Thanks for your post!

Live, Love, Laugh said...

Great Post Ron! I sometimes realize I am leaning on my own understanding and trying to do things in my own strength. I don't always remember God is there waiting for me to seek, ask and knock. He has the answers, so why do I even think I could do it without Him.

I know He sees the whole picture, he knows before I do. I have learned and continue to learn that I cannot accomplish what He wants for me to accomplish without Him.

I need Him, I really do, that is the one clear thing in my life. I need His guidance, His input, His Mercy, His Grace, His forgiveness. I need Him.

Thanks for reminding me that He has the answers, all I have to do is seek, ask and knock!

Anonymous said...

However, in the nation of personal financial products for those who have bad credit, the reality appears to be even worse [url=http://www.bzbka.co.uk/]long term loans uk[/url] long term loans uk Moore says that even though Obama and also Boehner both concur by years end to help tax the uber prosperous an ungodly income tax rate, as Pres http://www.bzbka.co.uk/

Anonymous said...

You may, and then, receive a mail informing you actually of the portion of the refund or reimbursements to satisfy a person's outstanding education loan debt [url=http://www.shorttermloanspapa.co.uk/]uk short term loans[/url] short term loans uk " http://www.lfxgj.co.uk/