Sunday, August 21, 2005

Self Examination

1 Cor. 4:4 (KJV) For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

One of the most difficult examinations to make is a self examination. It is difficult to bring to light the flaws that I see in myself, when compared to the truth and the light of God. This is one reason why a person may look to criticism of others, for it is far easier to examine the flaws in others than it is to examine one’s own flaws. If, however, I discipline myself to depend upon the Holy Spirit, and allow Him to dwell in me, those flaws then become covered, so much so that even I will not be able to see them. Jesus did not come to condemn, but to acquit. The longer I discipline myself to walk in the Light, the less I see of myself, and the more I see of Him. Paul’s statement, “For I know nothing of myself,” was not boasting about the fact that he was without sin. It was a bold statement confirming that after examining himself, and being immersed in the Light of God, Paul could find no flaws he was aware of. It takes time, however, to develop this discipline of self examination. The objective is not to find more flaws; it is to see myself as He sees me. Each self examination should reveal an increase of His Light, and less of me. Spend time examining yourself before the Lord. Write down the flaws He reveals to you, then immediately submit those areas to God. You will find relief from the frustration of trying to conquer these areas on your own, and you will experience the joy of a closer relationship with your Heavenly Father. It is through this disciplined life that you will achieve the righteousness, peace, and joy. It is hard to self examine; yet, by doing the hard things, you will live. What are your thoughts?

7 comments:

Joe said...

This is the same Paul who said, "O wretched man that I am..."

Curious Servant said...

I recently learned that I am a gifted liar to myself. I have deceived myself about who my kids are (not complaining, I love them and I know they are great kids, but they will never be what I thought they could be).

Self examination is difficult because we want to see things differently than they are. It is easier to look dispassionately at others.

Kris said...

This is such a blessing to me ron. For the last year I have been trying to figure out why I do the things I don't want to do. I have had a terrible habit of morbid introspection. The Lord has been showing me through the bible and prayer with other teachers & brothers confirming that I have had a distorted view of God and the way God actually sees me. This has effected the way I look at others. Of course some of this is my sinful self and some of it has come from the things that happened when I was younger, my dad leaving us, abuse,and other things.
Like you said the longer I discipline myself (emotions and mind) to walk in the Light of His unconditional love (grace) the less I do the things I don't want to do and find peace.

Grace & peace

Kc said...

Ron another great devotion! I'm really thankful to see so many here being blessed.

Live, Love, Laugh said...

wonderful post! It is through self examination, I have come to see why I need Jesus. It is only thru His finished work at Calvary....

I think individual responsibility is where we all need to go. I for one remember a quote by Ghandi that said...be the change you want to see in the world.

When we look closely in the mirror of God's word, it shows us who we really are and what we need to change. (self examination)

Ghandi was not a Christian, but the quote makes alot of sense.

شركة المثالي كلين لخدمة المنازل said...

شركة مكافحة الحشرات بالاحساء

NADER GLAL said...

تعتمد شركه الصفرات على فريق عمل ضخم يمكنه أن يقدم الخدمات بكفاءة واحترافية عالية لا تجد لها مثيل.تقوم بعمل فحص شامل إلى المنظفات التي تستخدمها حتى تضمن أنها سوف تؤدي الغرض المطلوب وسوف تستخدمها الشركة في أعمال التنظيف وتصل من خلالها إلى الغرض المطلوب.
تستخدم أحدث المعدات التي تعمل على التنظيف على أكمل وجه وتقضي تمامًا على الجراثيم التي توجد في المكان.
يمكنها أن تقوم بتقديم الخدمات الدقيقة في أسرع وقت ممكن وعلى أعلى مستوى.
تصل إلى العميل في أي منطقة بالرياض في أسرع وقت ممكن فهي تمتلك السيارات المجهزة التي يمكن من خلالها الوصول إلى العميل في أسرع وقت ممكن.تعمل الشركة في هذا المجال منذ العديد من السنوات وهذا الأمر هو الذي ساعدها أن تضمن للعميل أن تؤدي الخدمات المثالية التي لا يمكن أن توفرها لكم أي شركة أخرى.
السرعة في تأدية الخدمات وذلك لأن عدد كبير من الاشخاص المتخصصين هو الذي يقوم بتقديم هذه الخدمات.ويمكنها الوصول إلى جميع الاماكن حتى وإن كان من الصعب الوصول إليه
في أي وقت ترغب أن تحصل على خدمات التنظيف فعليك الاتصال على شركة الصفرات للتنظيف بالرياض والتي سوف تقوم بهذه المهمة بدقة شديدة
شركة الصفرات لتنظيف المنازل بالرياض
شركة الصفرات لعزل الاسطح بالرياض
شركة الصفرات لتنظيف المجالس بالرياض
شركة الصفرات لتنظيف السجاد بالرياض
شركة الصفرات لنقل الاثاث بالرياض
شركة الصفرات لمكافحة الحشرات بالرياض
شركة الصفرات لكشف التسربات بالرياض
شركة الصفرات لتنظيف المسابح بالرياض
شركة الصفرات لتنظيف الخزانات بالرياض
شركة الصفرات لتسليك المجاري بالرياض
_