Friday, August 19, 2005

What do you spend time with?

Matt. 26:38 (KJV) tarry ye here, and watch with me.

Jesus desired that the disciples stay awake with Him and watch while He was praying. His desire was to spend these last hours with the men He loved, even as His soul ached for what He must endure. Yet, even in this most intense, precious hour, not one of them remained awakened. How many times has this happened to you? Has God desired that you tarry with Him, only for you to succumb to the noxious fumes of distraction? The Lord says “tarry with me,” and your response is “but Lord, I must do this or that.” “What, could ye not watch with me one hour?” Remember this: anything you love, you will spend time with. What is it that you tarry with? Your family? Friends? Self pity? Anger? You may say “But I pray daily.” Are you praying that you can say you prayed, or are you listening and heeding His call? Are you staying in His bosom, or are you on the outside trying to discover what everyone is so fascinated with? Is He fresh and new every morning, or is He simply a part of your daily routine? Begin today to utterly destroy the distractions that prevent you from tarrying with Him when He calls. Begin to spend time with Him as a top priority. Seek Him as if He were the air you needed after being submerged in water. Seek Him as if He were the water your body desperately needed in the sweltering heat. Do not allow your vessel to reek with the stench of ritualism. Tarry with Him, and delight in how your disposition changes. Tarry with Him, and find the cracks in your vessel as He shines His glorious light on you, that you may prepare yourself to carry the weight of His calling in your life. Spend time with Him.

What have you spent your time with lately?

7 comments:

Kc said...

This is so timely. There are also times when we are drawn away in our heart even though our body is where it should be. Bring every thought captive. I had a double dose today Ron with this post and the email. Thanks again brother!

Eric said...

yes, timely.

just yesterday, i organized a long, long, very long list of Things To Do in my ministry work.

there's always work to be done but we can never get enough of Jesus Himself. He is the source of our refreshment, the giver of our purpose, and the reason why we can be effective in any work in the first place.

Ron said...

Jeff,

I agree with you. God is an absolute God, no matter how much we try to water Him down. He loves us unconditionally; no doubt about that. But His Word is true, and when He comes, He is coming to divide those who are with Him, and those who are not. There are many that will cry "Lord, Lord" who will not see the Kingdom. The thing is, I do not know which ones he will keep with Him. I am sure there were many who saw the thief on the cross and thought "no way is that guy going to see eternal life." And in the mind of man, they would have been correct. Yet, Jesus told him that he would be with Him in paradise.

We certainly are a nation of opinionated people! And everyone seems to be correct in their own minds. What is truly scary is that we have people that can create a hundred reasons why it is OK to continue a lifestyle of sin. I cannot do that. I feel a sickness after I know that I have sinned. I am definitely aware of when I am out of His will, and it does not feel good at all. I get frustrated, yes; then, I run to Him, because He truly is a refuge in the time of trouble. I am also thankful that He gave me a conscience that can discern what is His will and what is not.

Jeff, you really bring up some challenging issues. Please keep it up!

Live, Love, Laugh said...

I was sent here by Joe!! I am glad I came, it is so awesome to meet bloggers who love the Lord so much! I know this message was straight from the Holy Spirit, thanks for reminding us to spend time with the Master!!!

Joe said...

Time with the Lord is the most precious thing we have.

Good post!

Jimmy said...

Ron, what a great site you have. I look forward to visiting it many times in coming weeks. Thanks for visiting my site "Being God's" and leaving an encouraging note. I'll be adding you to my links, if it is okay. I know others will be blessed by your writings and faith.
Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Hi,

When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here servantsofthekingdom.blogspot.com. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Here is a fact for you. Recent Research points that almost 70% of all USA grownups are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.